The Central Board of Secondary Examinations (CBSE) Class X results were announced on Saturday with most Gulf-based Indian schools registering 100 percent pass percentage and a high number of students with good grades.
Several Indian schools in the UAE have achieved 100 per cent pass rates.
A total of 1,491,293 students appeared for class 10 examination this year, an increase of about 8.5 per cent over last year, including more than 3,000 students from the UAE.
This year 96.21 per cent of students passed, down from 97.32 per cent who passed last year.
Once again, girls scored higher with an average score of 96.36 per cent while boys averaged 96.11 per cent.
Topping the grading system with A1 in all five subjects, 168,541 students who scored a full CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 10 points, 85,316 of whom are boys and 83,225 are girls.
- In Dubai, the Indian High School Dubai (HIS) sent the highest number of students for the class 10 exams. Of 721 boys and girls, 114 students have scored a CGPA of 10.
- Delhi Private School (DPS) Dubai, which had 260 students appearing for the class 10 exams also declared 100 per cent results.
- In Sharjah, out of 407 students who appeared for the CBSE exams, 100 students of Delhi Private School (DPS) Sharjah have scored a perfect CGPA of 10 points.
- Similarly, out of 280 Class 10 students at Emirates National School Sharjah, 49 scored a CGPA of 10 points.
The number of students getting the highest grade CGPA 10 (A1 in all subjects) in the MES Indian School, DPS-MIS, Birla Public School and Ideal Indian School is 125, 99, 80 and 31 respectively.
- The number of students who appeared for the CBSE national curriculum examination for Class X at MES Indian School, DPS-MIS, Birla Public School and Ideal Indian School was 630, 284, 278 and 291 respectively.
In terms of school CGPA, BPS Doha got an average CGPA of 8.98 with school average in terms of percentage being 85.3 percent while DPS MIS achieved 9.24.
At DPS-MIS, as many as 200 students secured CGPA between 9 and 10 whereas at MES Indian School 49 students got CGPA 9.8.
Of the 42 students who appeared for the examinations at the MES Indian School and 45 at BPS Doha, nine students at MES and 16 at BPS Doha achieved CGPA 10.
Overall the pass percentage this year is 96.21, which has come down from 97.32 percent in the previous year.
With 96.36% pass percentage, girls outshone boys who registered a pass percentage of 96.11%.
Area-wise, the Thiruvanathpuram area was ahead of other regions with a pass percentage of 99.87 followed by Chennai region which had a pass percentage of 99.69 percent.
Over 1.4mn students appeared for the examination that held between March 1 and 28. This year saw an increase of 8.5% in candidates’ registration.