Good skin care and healthy lifestyle choices can help delay the natural aging process and prevent various skin problems. Get started with these 9 tips:
- Wash your face twice a day with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don’t scrub.
- Don’t pop pimples. It’s tempting, but here’s why you shouldn’t: Popping pimples can push infected material further into the skin, leading to more swelling and redness, and even scarring.
- Avoid touching your face with your fingers or leaning your face on objects that collect sebum and skin residue like your phone. Touching your face can spread the bacteria that cause pores to become inflamed and irritated.
- If you wear glasses or sunglasses, make sure you clean them frequently to keep oil from clogging the pores around your eyes and nose.
- Remove your makeup before you go to sleep.
- Keep hair clean and out of your face to prevent additional dirt and oil from clogging your pores.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15.
- Watch what you put inside your body, too: Drink plenty of filtered water and eat a healthy diet with loads of fresh fruits and veggies. Cut sugars and carbs for a glowing complexion.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking makes your skin look older and contributes to wrinkles.