Good news for all WhatsApp users as WhatsApp has announced on Wednesday (21 Jan 2015) that the chat app is now available in your Web browser.
The Web client is simply an extension of your phone: the Web browser mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device — this means all of your messages are still live on your phone.
However, at this point the application is not available on iPhone due to compatibility issues.
Here is a simple step-by-step on how to connect WhatsApp to your Web browser :
1. Download latest version of WhatsApp on your phone
You will have to update your existing WhatsApp (free), as this feature is not supported in old versions.
2. On your computer open web.whatsapp.com in browser
Update : 1 March 2015 : This feature is currently supported by Google Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.
3. Open WhatsApp on phone and select ‘WhatsApp Web’
See below on how to access the Menu on various platforms.
4. Hold your phone in front on computer screen – Scan the QR code on screen
Hold up your phone and point it at your computer’s display. Your phone will immediately start scanning for the QR.
5. That’s it ! Your WhatsApp chats window opens on computer.
Important Notes :
- Your phone will need to stay connected to the internet for the Web client to work.
- This only works with Android, BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10, and Windows Phone (iPhone does not support).
- Ensure that you’re using the Latest Version of WhatsApp on your phone.
- In case you are disconnected, you need to follow the steps again. However, you can logout your devices from your phone.