If you’re thinking about bringing your family out to Qatar to live with you, you will need to arrange for residence visas for them.
If your monthly salary is over QR 10,000, your spouse and/or children are eligible for Family Residence Visas, under your sponsorship, once your residence visa and Qatar ID card have been issued.
Before you begin the application process for Family Residence Visas, check with your employer to see if they make provision for these. Employers are not obliged to process or pay for Family Residence Visas, but some companies do take care of this process as part of their policy.
One of the things to be aware of when applying for visas is that male children aged 25 years and over are not eligible to be on either parent’s visa; there is no age restriction for daughters, as long as they are not married.
There are certain simple administrative steps to follow when applying for Family Residence Visas. Your employer will usually take care of these administrative steps, so please check before you get started:
- Your family can enter Qatar on entry visas.
- They must then undergo the medical test and have their fingerprints taken.
- The application for residence visas is only made after the medical tests have been completed.
- The application process takes up to 6 weeks.
Spouses who wish to work, require special dispensation (in the form of a work permit) in order to be able to work while in their spouse’s sponsorship. This work permit is issued by the Ministry of Labor’s Employment Department.
Documents Required for Qatar Family Visa
When applying for a Family Residence Visa, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- A completed application form [Download Form]
- Passport copies of all family members to be brought in.
- Copy of marriage certificate – attested by your country’s embassy in Qatar, as well as Qatar’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Copy of children’s birth certificates – attested by your country’s embassy in Qatar, as well as Qatar’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- An attested copy of the employment contract to prove job and salary.
- A copy of Employer QID / Company Registration Card.
- A certificate of good conduct (PCC) for adults attested by relevant authorities.
- Six months’ worth of bank statements (asked in some cases).
- Copy of tenancy contract attested by Municipality OR electricity bill to show proof of address (asked in some cases).
- If you have adopted children, statements of adoption as well as reasons for adoption will be required.
Things to remember while applying
- You must have a Qatar ID / Residence Card before you apply for residence visas for your family
- The form should be typed in Arabic and name & data should be typed as written in the passport. This can be done at a typing centre.
- All copies should be clear and original documents are required when for visibility submitting the application for approval.
- The applicant should pass the medical test outside the country as per the mechanism laid by the concerned authorities.
- While you will only need to leave copies behind, you will need to show all originals at the time of application, so please be sure to bring all original documents with you (including bank statements)
You must earn at least QR 10,000 in order to be eligible to sponsor your family
TIP : It is advised to go a typing centre and get the application form done, as it is in Arabic. Also double check with the typing centre about procedure, as the rules change from time to time.
Qatar Family Visa Fees
Visa issuance Fee: QR 200
Published on 1 October 2014, Last updated on 18 July 2020