This post was originally published on 5 May 2015.
International business magazine Forbes has announced the annual ranking of Top Indian Leaders in the Arab World 2015.
In the owners and founders category, only two are featured from Qatar – Tejinder Singh (BPO+) and Hassan Chougule (Emad Electricals) at 75 and 82 respectively. 90 out of the 100 entries reside in the UAE while five are based in Kuwait, 2 are from Bahrain and 1 is from Saudi Arabia.
In Executive Management category, there are three business leaders from Qatar – R. Seetharaman (Doha Bank) is at no. 6 while Trilok Chandra Sharma (Sendian Group) and Ranjeev Menon (Gulf Warehousing Co) are at 26 and 37 respectively.
Attesting to the long-standing impact of the region’s NRIs, of the top 100 business owners/founders, 61 are in charge of companies that have been in operation for 20 years or more, with four companies established more than six decades ago.
Owners & Founders Category
- Sunil Vaswani – Stallion Group Group
- Yusuffali M A – LuLu Group International
- Mukesh Jagtiani – Landmark Group
- B R Shetty – NMC Healthcare
- Rajen Kilachand – Dodsal Group
- Sunny Varkey – GEMS
- PNC Menon – Sobha Group of Companies Group
- Ravi Pillai – RP Group of Companies
- Azad Moopen – Aster DM Healthcare
- Korathe Mohammad – K M Trading Co LLC
Executive Management Category
- V Shankar – Standard Chartered Bank
- Sanjeev Chadha – Pepsi-Cola International Ltd
- Sanjiv Kakkar – Unilever
- Vishesh Bhatia – Jumbo Electronics Co Ltd LLC
- Deepak Babani – Eros Group Retail UAE
- Raghavan Seetharaman – Doha Bank
- K Rajaram – Al Nabooda Automobiles LLC
- Adnan Chilwan – Dubai Islamic Bank
- Pradipta Sen – Emerson
- Vijay Malhotra – KPMG
Full list available here