International Driving License/Permit is a document that allows an individual to drive motor vehicle in more than 150 countries when accompanied by a valid full license from the country of issue.
The document is slightly larger than a standard passport and is essentially a multiple language translation of one’s own existing driver’s license, complete with photograph and other information.
In you are a resident of Qatar, you can apply at Qatar Automobile and Touring Club. They are the sole authority to issue International Driving Permit and Carnet de passages (Trip Tickets) in Qatar.
Some travel agents and car rental companies also provide the same service, but the service fee is relatively higher.
Qatar Automobile and Touring Club is located on C-Ring Road opposite to Doha Petrol Station between Gulf Cinema signal and Toyota signal.
Phone : 4441 3265 / 4441 5718
Working hours : 7 am – 1 pm & 3 pm – 6 pm
- Valid Qatari driving license
- Two passport-size photographs
- QR 150 (Cash only at QATC)
- The process is really simple and takes only five minutes.
- Go to QATC office and give your driver’s license along with two passport size photographs and the fee – QR 150.
- They would print your details on to an international driving license, fix your photo and affix the stamp.
- In general, temporary and international licence holders are restricted to driving rental vehicles (Rent-a-car) as insurance companies require drivers of privately-owned vehicles to hold a full licence.
- The list of valid countries are included in the license.
- The international driving license is valid for one year from the issuing date.