In a bid to further facilitate visitors’ access to the country, Qatar has made its e-visa services available to tourism-related businesses as well as individuals arriving to Qatar aboard any airline.
Hospitality establishments and tourism offices holding a valid license with Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) can now fully complete their guests’ tourist visa applications online via a newly activated feature on www.qatarvisaservice.com.
- The link has special features dedicated for tourism businesses such as the “add to cart” option allowing businesses to complete multiple applications at once making it easier to handle large groups through bulk payments.
- It also eliminates the need for hard copy applications to be submitted in person at the Immigration Offices as was previously required.
Travellers on any airline can apply
And, as part of the service expansion, individuals who are traveling to Qatar on any airlines can now apply directly for tourist visas on the same portal.
This added convenience is possible as the e-visa platform is now linked to all airline booking platforms including that of the national airline, Qatar Airways.
Nationals of 242 countries (including India) can apply for a visa through this service.
Nationals of 70 countries are eligible for a visa on arrival in Doha, however to save time on arrival, they can also choose to apply for a pre-approved visa using this service.
Requirements for application
All applicants must have a machine readable individual passport which is valid for at least 6 months from the date you enter Qatar (You will not be able to apply using this service for children who are endorsed on parents’ passport).
To complete the application, all applicants require clear colored electronic scans of the following:
- Passport information (bio page) /picture page(s)
- A passport-size photo
- Airline Ticket ( Qatar Airways passengers are not required to submit their ticket copy)
- Hotel Confirmation Voucher / Relevant documents for place of stay in Qatar
If you’re a GCC resident, you’ll also need to provide:
- GCC residence visa
- GCC ID card
- The sponsor’s ticket and passport copy (for GCC Nationals / Residents Companion Entry Permit only)
Fees: The total fee (including visa fee and service fee) is USD 41.78 (approximately QAR 150).
How to Apply for tourist visa online
Step One: Visit www.qatarvisaservice.com to register and fill in the visa application form.
Step Two: Upload required documents (incl. passport scans, personal photographs, a scan of passenger’s airline ticket). Make payment via a Visa or Mastercard debit or credit card.
Step Three: Receive updates and e-visa via email or log back on to track status online.
Qatar launched its e-visa platform last month allowing travelers to the country to apply directly for tourist and visitor visas.
The service, created in partnership between QTA, Qatar Airways, and the Ministry of Interior, is set to ease visitor access to Qatar, as it offers a more efficient and transparent visa application system, with standardised fees for each visa type.
- The average timeframe for a response is 48 hours from the time all of the applicant’s documents have been received.
In November 2016, Qatar introduced a new free-of-charge transit visa, which allows passengers with a minimum transit time of five hours in Hamad International Airport, to stay in Qatar for up to 96 hours (four days). The move has resulted in a 40% increase in stopover visitors to Qatar in the period between January and May 2017 compared to the same period in 2016.
Published on 16 July 2017 Sources : Qatar News Agency, The Peninsula, Gulf Times