An application for a new passport can be made within one year of expiry of the old passport. All applicants are advised to submit their applications for renewal of passport at least 3 months before the expiry date.
NOTE : All passports issued before 2001 need to be upgraded to machine readable passports (Click for details).
You can either apply for :
- a ten year validity 36-paged normal passport booklet (Fees: QR 275/-) OR
- a 64-paged jumbo passport booklet (Fees: QR 370/-).
1. Fill up the online application form available in this link. Select the Indian Mission as Qatar-Doha and select the service desired as Fresh Passport. Fill all columns carefully and legibly.
2. Print out of the application and sign where required.
3. Furnish 2 photographs (colour) size 50 mm x 50 mm front view of full face against white background. Photos taken with coloured or dark glasses and in uniform are not acceptable.
Click here for detailed specifications on photograph quality.
(TIP : Get your latest photo taken in a good photo studio as they would know the required quality. Bad photo is a common reason why many applications get rejected.)
Option 1 : Renewal through Indian Embassy
4. The Consular Section of the embassy accepts the passport applications between 08:15 AM and 11:30 AM from Sunday through Thursday.
Address of Indian Embassy in Doha Qatar
Villa No 86 & 90, Street No. 941, Al Eithra Street, Zone 63,Onaiza, PO Box No. 2788, Doha – Qatar.
Click here for contact details and location map of Indian Embassy in Qatar.
Checklist of requirements
Filled up Application Form + 2 Passport size photographs + Old Passport Copy + Old Passport Original + Qatar ID + Prescribed fees
For minors, you need to present original passport of mother and father. In case father is not residing in Qatar, mother should obtain an NOC from father for issue of new passport / renewal.
You can find more about renewing minor child’s passport here.
(TIP : Reach as early as possible, as applicants start queueing up at 6 am. There is a limit on number of applications per day. You don’t want to stand in a queue for hours to be sent back.)
5. Once the Embassy gate opens, the queue will start moving inside and you can submit the documents at first window for initial checking.
After confirming all documents are in order, they would give you a token number and return the documents.
6. Once your token number shows on screen, reach the designated window and submit the documents along with prescribed fee. (Often the fee payment is in the next window).
7. The date on which the passport can be collected from the Embassy will be indicated when the application is submitted.
- Fresh and reissued passports are normally delivered on the fifth working day after submission.
8. You can collect the passport on the date mentioned in your receipt.
- The passports are delivered only between 03:00 PM to 04:15 PM on working days.
NOTE : If you need the passport urgently you can avail of the Tatkal Scheme. Under the scheme passports can be obtained out of turn from the embassy on the same day or the next day.
An out of turn passport is normally issued only in cases of specified emergencies, on production of documentary evidence and against an additional fee of QR 550/-
Click here for Indian Embassy website. Tel No : 4425 5777
Option 2 : Renewal through ICC
Renewal of passports can also be done through Indian Cultural Centre (ICC) at Abu Hamour (Click for location).
The documents required are same as above. ICC Service charge is QRS. 10/- for each service.
Timing for submission of documents at ICC
- Saturday – Thursday: Morning 9.00 am to 12.00 pm, Evening 4.00 pm – 9.00 pm,
- Friday: Morning 8.30 am – 11.00 am, Evening 4.00 pm – 9.00 pm.
Note that Indian Cultural Centre (ICC) do not accept renewal of minor children. They accept only for those above 18 years.
Click here for ICC Website. Tel No : 4468 6607.
- Published on 7 January 2015 - Last updated on 24 November 2016 - By Aneesh / NRICafe.com