An application for a new passport can be made within one year of the expiry of the old passport. All applicants are advised to submit their applications for renewal of passport at least 3 months before the expiry date.
NOTE: All passports issued before 2001 need to be upgraded to machine-readable passports (Click for details).
- Only residents holding valid Qatar ID can submit their applications in person for reissue of passports.
- In the case of casual visitors, only Emergency Certificate is issued for return to India.
You can either apply for :
- a ten-year validity 36-paged normal passport booklet (Fees: QR 275/-) OR
- a 64-paged jumbo passport booklet (Fees: QR 370/-).
Prepare the passport renewal application online
As part of the worldwide implementation of the Passport Seva Project, the Global Passport Seva Program has been rolled out in Qatar. Members of the Indian Community in Qatar are advised to use the new portal https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in for availing the Passport Services.
Steps to apply for Passport Services online
- Go to https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in
- Click on Qatar, Create USER ID by clicking on Register link
- Login using the USER ID and fill the application form online
- Submit the form online
- Take a print out of the application form
- Affix your recent coloured photograph at the designated place
You will need 2 photographs (colour) size 50 mm x 50 mm front view of full face against a white background. Photos taken with coloured or dark glasses and in uniform are not acceptable.
(TIP : Get your latest photo taken in a professional photo studio as they would know the required quality. Bad photo is a common reason why many applications get rejected.)
Option 1: Renewal through Indian Embassy
As of July 2020, you have to get an online appointment for consular services like Passport Renewal. The appointment can be booked up to two months in advance on Embassy Website.
Timings for submission of documents for Visa/ OCI, Passport and Consular services: 0915 to 12:15 Hrs from Sunday to Thursday only.
Address of Indian Embassy in Doha Qatar
Villa No 86 & 90, Street No. 941, Al Eithra Street, Zone 63, Onaiza, PO Box No. 2788, Doha – Qatar.
Click here for contact details and location map of Indian Embassy in Qatar.
Documents required for passport renewal
Filled up Application Form with 2 Passport size photographs + Old Passport Copy + Old Passport Original + Qatar ID + Prescribed fees
For minors, you need to present the original passport of mother and father. In case the father is not residing in Qatar, the mother should obtain a NOC from father for the issue of new passport/renewal.
You can find more about renewing minor child’s passport here.
Reach the designated window and submit the documents along with the prescribed fee. (Often the fee payment is in the next window).
Signature has to be done in the presence of the Submission Officer at the Embassy.
The date on which the passport can be collected from the Embassy will be indicated when the application is submitted.
- Fresh and reissued passports are normally delivered on the fifth working day after submission.
You can collect the passport on the date mentioned in your receipt.
- The timings for collection for Visa/ Passport/ OCI/ Misc. Consular documents are from 1600 to 1715 Hrs from Sunday to Thursday. For collection, prior appointment is not needed. You have to show the receipt given at the time of submission.
NOTE : If you need the passport urgently you can avail of the Tatkal Scheme. Under the scheme passports can be obtained out of turn from the embassy on the same day or the next day.
An out of turn passport is normally issued only in cases of specified emergencies, on the production of documentary evidence and against an additional fee of QR 550/-
Click here for the Indian Embassy website. Tel No: 4425 5777
Option 2: Renewal through ICC
Renewal of passports can also be done through the Indian Cultural Centre (ICC) at Abu Hamour (Click for location).
The documents required are the same as above. ICC Service charge is QRS. 10/- for each service.
- Consular Services at Indian Cultural Centre is limited on the basis of prior appointments. Link to the Online Appointment System is as below: https://getappointment.iccqatar.com/. Walk-in customers not entertained.
- The timings for collection of passports are from 4 pm to 6 pm from Saturday to Thursday. For collection, prior appointment is not necessary. You have to show the original receipt given at the time of submission of application.
- For any enquiries, please contact ICC Tel No. 4468 6607 or [email protected]