Travelling to Bahrain has been made easier for Indians with recent changes in policy that came to existence yesterday (1st Oct 2014). Indian Passport holders can obtain a 14 days online visa before visiting the Gulf nation.
E-visas can be obtained ahead of travel through a simple online application process, making the process of travelling to the country practical and convenient, for both business and leisure.
If you are an Indian with valid Residence Permit for a GCC country, you are eligible for the following visa types:
- Ordinary Visa for 7 days (on arrival in Bahrain)
- e-Visa for 3 or 7 days (to be applied online)
- Causeway visa for 3 or 7 days (issued at the border on the causeway from Saudi Arabia)
- Visit e-Visa for 14 days (to be applied online)
If you are an Indian without any other visa, you are eligible for:
- Visit E-Visa for 14 days (to be applied online)
Eligibility can be quickly checked via the Bahrain government’s e-Visa website.
Bahrain’s new visa policy will allow nationals from over 100 countries to obtain a visa either online ahead of travel or on arrival.