Qatar’s Ministry of Interior (MoI) has opened all seven Qatar Visa Centres (QVC) in Indian cities, as had been previously announced.
The recent opening of QVCs in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kochi will facilitate and simplify the recruitment and work visa procedures for Indian expatriates travelling to Qatar for work before their arrival in Qatar, the MoI has said in a press statement.
Major General Abdullah Salim al-Ali, adviser at the office of HE the Minister of Interior; Major Abdullah Khalifa al-Mohannadi, director of the Visa Support Services (VSS) Department at the General Directorate of Passports, MoI; Captain Nasser al-Khalaf, head of the Visa Section; and Captain Khalid al-Nomani, head of the Technical Studies Section at VSS, and government officials from India attended the opening ceremonies held in the different cities.
Major al-Mohannadi said these centres would help speed up the provision of various services by the authorities concerned in Qatar for expatriates, noting that India is the fourth country to have QVCs.
“QVCs provide expatriates with a wide range of services, including fingerprinting, biometric data recording, medical examinations and employment contract signing before their departure to Qatar.
Besides, they ensure the protection of both expatriates’ and employers’ rights. The QVCs will help avoid cases of an employee returning in case of ineligibility and will also enable employees to start working at the earliest once they arrive Qatar,” he explained, adding the new step has been initiated by the Qatar government in a bid to ensure the protection and safety of expatriates coming to Qatar for work.
The employer has to start the initial registration through the MoI website (www.moi.gov.qa) or app, Metrash2. The recruitment procedures are the same as before, but have been transferred from Qatar to the expatriates’ own countries. The employer has to pay all recruitment fees in Qatar to let the worker follow up on further procedures through QVCs.
Applicants need to get a visa reference number from the MoI and can then book an appointment by visiting www.qatarvisacenter.com. They have to visit the QVC on the appointment date no earlier than 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
At the reception, the identity of the applicant is verified, required documents are checked and a token is issued. Once the token number is called, applicants are required to digitally sign their work contract, enrol biometric data and undergo the required medical checkup, including blood tests, X-ray and visual assessments along with physical examinations. Applicants will be able to track the status online or through their employer in Qatar.
Locations of QVCs in India
* New Delhi: Unit No 2, lower ground floor, Parsvnath Mall, Akshardham Metro Station, Akshardham, New Delhi – 110092
* Mumbai: Hallmark Business Plaza, Sant Dyaneshwar Marg, Near Gurunanak Hospital, Bandra East, Mumbai – 400051, Maharashtra
* Chennai: Shyamala Towers, first floor, East Wing, 136 Arcot Road, Saligramam, Chennai – 600093
* Hyderabad: ground floor, South Wing (Krishe Block), Krishe Sapphire Building, Hitech City Road, Madhapur, Hyderabad – 500081, Telangana
* Kolkata: Bengal Intelligent Park, Gamma Building, first floor, Block EP and GP, Sector V, Salt Lake Electronics Complex, Kolkata – 700091, West Bengal
* Lucknow: BBD Viraj Towers, second floor, TC G/1A – V/3, Vibhuti Khand, Shaheed Path, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow – 226010, Uttar Pradesh
* Kochi: Door No 38/4111/D, ground floor, National Pearl Star Building, near Changampuzha Park Metro Station, Edappally, Kochi – 682024, Kerala.
Multilingual information services are available at QVCs. Information on appointment scheduling, requirements and steps is available in English, Urdu, Arabic, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam at http://www.qatarvisacenter.com
The QVCs have been set up and operated in co-operation with the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Public Health.
The services will be available from Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5 pm, and customers can contact QVCs by telephone at 00 91 44 6133 1333 or e-mail at [email protected]