Metrash2 is a free mobile application from the Qatar’s Ministry of Interior which enables expats and nationals to renew their residence permits, renew and replace driver’s licences, conduct vehicle ownership transfers, fill out visit visa applications and renew e-gate cards.
This service is very helpful when it comes to checking your traffic violations, paying the fines, reminder about expiry dates of Residence Permit, Driving Licence etc. This can also give complete official details of your own and your dependents at a single click.
There are 40+ services including :
- Traffic Services
- Resident Permit Services
- Visa Services
- Exit Permit Services
- E-Gate Services
Complete list of services is available here.
Metrash was originally introduced in 2006 as an electronic service for mobile users only where upon subscription, residents could receive SMS messages regarding Traffic violation, RP expiry, License expiry etc.
In the initial years the service was not very popular as the registration was complicated and needed to access the MOI self service kiosks. Recently the process has been simplified and you can easily do it in 5 minutes with your smart phone.
How to install Metrash2 in simple steps (Updated 2015)
- The mobile number you use should be under your QID.
- Download the app from Google Play Store / App Store / Blackberry Store.
- Enter your QID and Expiry Date when asked.
- The app would draft an SMS to 92992. Simply click Send. No need to modify.
- You would receive an SMS with 2 activation codes (Part 1 and Part 2). Note them down.
- Open the app and enter QID and both activation codes.
- In PIN Code, enter any 4 digit pin of your choice (this is your password).
- You would receive a confirmation SMS.
- Now you can login to the app with your PIN Code and start using.
For support on Metrash2, residents can contact 24-hour call centre : 2342000.