Stayed out of Qatar for 6 months? Now Metrash 2 can help you return

Expatriates seeking a “return visa” for people under personal sponsorship who have stayed out of the country for more than six months can now apply online or through Metrash 2, the Ministry of Interior (MoI) said yesterday.

This is among the three new online services launched by the General Directorate of Borders, Passports and Expatriates Affairs at the ministry on January 17.

They can be accessed through Metrash2 mobile application and MoI web portal, the ministry said on its Twitter account.

One month validity

The return visa will be issued for those who have a valid residence permit (RP). It will have one month validity, which means the visa holder can enter the country in one month after issuance of the return visa, explained the ministry.

This will simplify the procedures for many expatriates who earlier had to visit a MoI services centre to get the visas of their wives and children renewed, if they had stayed out of Qatar for more than six months.

The return visas normally had a validity of two weeks, which has now been extended to one month. This service carries a fee of QR500 per person.

Passport details can be modified online

Passport details of a foreigner can now be modified online if the person holds a valid entry visa to Qatar and his passport was lost or damaged.
There are cases in which a visa holder lose or damage his/her passport before entering Qatar.
In such cases, the sponsor or employer can update the passport details online by adding the new passport number and expiry date, the ministry explained.

Now possible to close and open visa online

In the case of expatriates holding two visas — one existing and another new— it is now possible to close one visa and open the other online using Metrash2 or MoI e-services, after paying the service charges.
It is no more required to visit a services centre for this purpose, said the ministry.

Share This With Someone Who Needs It

42 thoughts on “Stayed out of Qatar for 6 months? Now Metrash 2 can help you return”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

  1. Hi. I lost my QID and I am going back soon in Qatar. What should I do? Sorry but I really need your help. I really need your reply, thank you

  2. Hello everyone. I am working in Qatar and this last may 2017 I renew my visa for one year and June 1st 2017 I go vacation. But my company call me and they said they don’t have job for me and they are not cancel my visa also. I want to ask you when I go back to Qatar again. Should I wait for 2 years or automatic system cut my visa in 6 month please reply me…

  3. Hi all,
    Plz help anyone, I was wrking in Qatar 2.6 yrs now was outside Qatar for past 153 days, can I eligible for new VISA by new sponser

  4. Hi junior is the stamping of resident return permit at phil embassy required? Or print out presentation is enough thanks!

  5. Assalamo alaikum, i am going for vacation this march for 45days, can i request a return permit for my family who is more than six months outside doha even if i am in the philippines?

  6. Hi My wife is outside country for more than 9 months. I cannot use Metrash for return permit. What is the next step to follow??

error: Content is protected !!
Scroll to Top