Travel without exit permit comes into force from today


Qatar’s Ministry of Interior has started implementing the amendment of Article No. 7 concerning the cancellation of the travel (exit) permit notice of Law No. 21 of 2015 regarding the entry and exit of expatriates and their residence.

Director of Airport Passports Department Col Mohammed Rashid Al Mazroui confirmed that the Ministry of Interior, in the framework of facilitating procedures and travel through the country’s ports, started implementing Article No. 7 regarding the cancellation of the travel (exit) permit notice from early morning today (Sunday).

He said that these measures are part of the recent amendments to Law No. 21 of 2015, stipulating that the expatriates working under labour law shall have the right to temporarily exit or depart the country permanently during the validity of the employment contract, and that the employer has the right to apply in advance to the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs a list of employees, who he believes should get permission to leave because of the nature of their work, provided that the list do not exceed 5% of the total number of employees.

He noted that the movement of entry and exit through Hamad International Airport is proceeding normally with all facilities provided to facilitate movement at the passport counters and through the electronic gates at Hamad International Airport, where the Department introduced amendments to the system of exit from the country to residents working in companies within the country.

He added that the new amendments to the law enable workers to leave under the law without obtaining a travel permit, except in case the worker is wanted by the justice system or security authorities.

He urged all passengers passing through Hamad International Airport to be present sufficient time before departure to finalize airline and passport procedures.

Published on 28 October 2018

1 Comment

  1. indrojit nondi on

    Good evening sir my company is block I could not find my company owner or pro or office at this time my id expire already 11september more one and half month finis at this situation I have to go my country my father in hospital but cid said after finish 3 month I can go sir now how I can go can I use this procedure pls

Leave A Reply